Sunday, April 20, 2008

By motorcycle, rickshaw, train, bus, and plane.

So I have attempted on numerous occasions to post photos, but for some reason I have had a spell of bad karma with the internet places. I probably didn't say everything right when I was forced to offer a puja at the bathing ghats. But Joseph has had a bit better luck so if you want to see a few photos of your journey you can check his blog. http://eatpadek.blogspot.com/ You can find out about our adventure with a blind bicycle rickshaw driver.

I am currently at an airport in Jaipur getting ready to fly north to hopefully cooler weather for a little bit of a break. We are on our way to Amritsar to the Golden Temple and from there we plan to take a long bus to Dharmasala in a couple of days. Since my last post I have been to Jaipur, Ajmer, Pushkar, then back to Ajmer and Jaipur this morning to catch a plane to Delhi and then on to Amritsar. Since last night I have been on a motorcycle, a rickshaw, two buses, and now I will go on two planes. No trains today, but I have had plenty of those. Our bus ride to Jaipur was amusing. They overbook the buses so our seat numbers didn't even exist on the bus. We met another American and all sat up front next to the driver on a side seat that was over the engine. Our feet were melting from the heat of the engine. Thankfully, it was only 2-3 hours.

I have plenty of stories to tell but I think I have to wait until I have better computer karma. Maybe one of these days I will explain why if I weren't Christian I would be Muslim and if I weren't Muslim I would be Sikh.

2 comments:

Collin said...

Jenni, the attraction to Sikhism requires no explanantion. Who wouldn't want to belong to a religion that requires you to carry a really cool sword?

Tom said...

Another way in which you and Monique are sisters - she loves Muslims perhaps even more than she loves Koreans.