Friday, March 14, 2008

Bollywood now.

Working on the documentary for the children's home and farm has had its challenges. I am still trying my best to get candid moments. But "Jenni-mam" with a camera immediately draws a crowd of children. The boys surround me and start singing and dancing, in what seems to be their version of a bollywood film. They close in on me and suddenly I have tons of little hands reaching up and pulling my arms down so they can see the view screen of my camera. They love seeing themselves.
On Wednesday I finally decided I would just let them perform for me so I had them line up and show me their dance moves. I also managed to get them to sit still and one at a time come up and do a solo dance performance. It was mostly complete chaos, but we were laughing so hard.

After all of the performances, several of the boys wanted their pictures taken holding my camera so I tied my still camera onto their wrist so they wouldn't drop it and I helped them hold the video camera. We took turns until everyone had a chance to take a photo and to hold the video camera. Even one of the house parents wanted to hold the video camera and have his picture taken. So if nothing else, we will have photos that look like we are making a documentary even if my footage is not usable for the purpose that it was intended.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I love the kid just chillaxin on your knee.