Thursday, March 27, 2008

Rishikesh.

A couple of weeks ago we took an afternoon trip and drove to Rishikesh for an adventure.


I didn't have time to check out any temples or do any yoga like most tourists do. Mostly I was disgusted by the tourists getting off of a bus, totally oblivious to cultural differences. Girls wearing halter tops and tiny shorts. There is a reason why foreigners receive so much harassment.


I did have a chance to put my feet in the ganga and watch the people traveling there for religious reasons. Rishikesh is the most Hindu place I have been since being in India because it is a holy city.


I have it in mind to ride one of these bikes before I leave. I think the shock I will feel upon returning home will be the lack of texture.


In the evening, we stood on this bridge overlooking the river and watched the sun set. It was surreal to see this place, dotted with hippies, tourists, people on a pilgrimage, monkeys, wallahs, and so much color.

No comments: