Friday, March 14, 2008

Wedding crashers.

You don't need an invitation to a wedding in India in order to attend. We crashed a wedding in the village on Sunday with a couple of friends from the children's home.
However, if you do plan on attending a wedding and you are a foreigner, be prepared to be noticed. Three white girls at a village wedding caused a bit of a stir. This is something that I have come to expect everywhere I go. In fact, my picture already made it into the newspaper in Dehradun. A large full color print, which is an entire story I will save for later when I can post a picture of the newspaper article. It is a tragic tale of injustice.The food at the wedding was amazing (as is all of the food here), but we were served an entire meal at the school directors home just before crashing the wedding so I had a hard time getting my second meal down. So much hospitality.
And here I photographed the groom with his bright colors. So cultures noticing one another is a mutual agreement. In my mind anyway.

No comments: