Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bed bugs.

The only negative part about our stay in Agra was an encounter with bed bugs. I, fortunately, had my sleep sack that I had made before leaving the west, which I slept in so I wasn’t affected. However, Amanda and I woke up itching in the night from mosquitoes and feeling like there was more in these beds than just three westerners. We moved out to the roof and slept on a couple of tables for a few hours, but mostly didn’t sleep.

Poor Liza, who can sleep through anything, woke up with 400 bed bug bites all over. As we left the house that morning to take a bus to Delhi, other travelers had arrived and we were somehow wishing we could give them some sign language about the bed bugs, but couldn’t figure out a subtle universal gesture so we hope their encounter wasn’t as bad as Liza’s.

No comments: