Thursday, April 24, 2008

Himalayas.

Yesterday, I took a seven hour bus ride from Amritsar to Dharamsala. It was a long ride with no AC. But I was feeling energized as we gained altitude and escaped some of the heat. I had a little friend sitting behind me whose fingers made their way onto my shoulders many times. I enjoyed the company. You are never alone on a public bus. They are packed beyond seating capacity.

I suddenly felt very flexible and at ease when I saw the white peaks of the Himalayas for the first time. This is out the bus window. We are staying in McLeod Ganj and I hired a guide to take me on a one day trek tomorrow for my 27th birthday. Seemed appropriate.

1 comment:

MaMa Nelson said...

Thanks Jen for sharing the great pictures hope you are having a great birthday hike. Love you MOM