Thursday, April 24, 2008

The border.

Saying hello to Pakistan.

While in Amritsar several days ago, Joseph and I went with some Punjabi acquaintances to the Pakistan border where every night there is a parade and some national pride is displayed by both the good people of Pakistan and India. Separated by an iron gate, the countries military "representatives" (I say that because they look pretty ridiculous) march off and lift their legs to each other while parading around. I am not sure what this is supposed to mean, but I think it might be a little too much nationalism for me. I did enjoy watching the civilians fight over who was going to sprint down the street to carry the flag.

1 comment:

when u gt money u gt the power said...

u didnt mention much abt me and jeenni i said joseph may times to send my soem pics i reallly want so its my request to u to send some pics of our trip and my id is ajaybir_gunit@yahoo.com
so bye tc
from ajaybir {i hope u recognize me i had gone with u to wagga border in amritsar,punjab}